This venerable and learned Divine (many years Chaplain to the Princess Amelia, daughter of King George II.) was of Magdalen College, Cambridge; where he took the degree of B.A. in 1753; being the Eighth in the Wrangler's List. In 1755 he gained one of the Senior Bachelor's Dissertation Prizes, given by the Two Members for the University; and proceeded M.A. 1756, in which year he obtained one of the Lord Townsend's Trade-Dissertation Prizes; the other was awarded to Mr. William Hazeland, Fellow of St. John's College; D.D. (per Literas Regias) 1767. — Sept. 28, 1765, he obtained a Prebend of Westminster (where he is now the Senior Prebendary.) He also enjoys the Treasurer's valuable Prebendal Stall in St. Paul's Cathedral; to which are annexed the Patronage and Impropriation of Brent Pelham, Furneaux Pelham, and Aldbury, Herts; and several Tenements in St. Paul's Church-yard. He was presented to the Vicerage of St. Bridget, London, 1776; which he resigned in 1780; and was in that year presented to the Rectory of Christ Church, London; which he resigned in 1799. In 1810 he benevolently founded Eight Scholarships at Cambridge for Poor Clergymen's Orphans.