HENRY JOHN TODD, M.A. F.A.S. rector of Allhallows, Lombard-street, chaplain in ordinary to His Majesty and keeper of the manuscript belonging to the library at Lambeth. He was formerly of Hertford College, Oxford, where he proceeded M.A. May 4, 1786. Soon after this he was made minor canon of Canterbury cathedral, and vicar of Milton, in Kent, which preferments he relinquished on settling in London, where he gained the patronage of the late Duke of Bridgewater and the present Marquis of Stafford. By Charles Dilly, the bookseller, he was greatly esteemed, and as a mark of it that gentleman bequeathed to him a legacy of five hundred pounds. The late Isaac Reed also put a great value on Mr. Todd's friendship, and left him a legacy, for which the latter wrote the preface to the Bibliographia Reediana.